- Fixed a bug:
Program crashed, when Searching or Exporting to a text file.
- New option in Export: "With caption for each node"
- Intrinsic outliner can now be exported to a plain text file.
- The following bugs have been fixed:
-- In the plain text format, only one kind of links (one of https://, http://, file:///) is created, even though the page has other kinds of links.
-- When the [Enter] key is pressed in the async mode, the contents of the node are not displayed.
-- After browsing http://... pages, when you select a node from the combo box, it is not displayed.
-- The file's extention name is corruped when an image is dropped from the Explorer.
-- When you click on a link to an image (jpg, gif, png), a dialog to save the file appears.
- Microsoft DLL files (MSVCR120.DLL, MSVCP120.DLL) are now removed from the installer package.
- Bug fix: Error when getting default numbers; the following bugs occur:
- A large number is displayed, when the node size is 0, on the node properties dialog.
- New nodes sometimes get Read Only.
- Bug fix: The Group pane will not be resized even though the whole window is resized.
- Bug fix: When you create a new node and soon delete it, Foliaro clashes.
- MSVCR120.DLL, MSVCP120.DLL are included in the setup package.
- Bug fix: Unable to open a second Foliaro file from Explorer.
- Bug fix: Unable to export image files imported in August 2015(?) or later.
- Save the modification date/time when importing image files
from the dialog of the Imported Images.
When exporting image files, the modification date/time will be set to the files.
(Because files imported before v1.10.4 have no modification date/time, the date/time when they are imported will be used, instead.)
- Use a new version of the GUI framework: wxWidgets v3.0.2
New compiler/linker: Visual Studio 2013
- Improved viewing/editing plain text.
NOTE the following restrictions, related to links:
(1)New links do not work. (2)When a link is edited, its destination URL is not actually corrected yet. In both cases, please click the Reload button.
- Improved enabling/disabling "Back", "Forward" buttons
- Bug fix: Unable to hoist in the Intrinsic outliner mode.
- Bug fix: Sometimes, unable to open from Menu→File→Favourite file.
When you first open a file from the menu of the button "Favourite/Recently opened files", and then try to open another file from the menu File→Favourite files, it won't open.
- Trial period = 60 days (Earlier versions: 30 days)
Messages of the upcoming expiration day will show up from 5 days before the expiration.
- Zooming by the mouse wheel while pressing the Ctrl key.
- Save the X scroll position, too, when closed.
When the content is displayed again, the previous (X, Y) position will be restored.
- When "Remove format" is selected from the drop-down menu of [¶ ]
in the edit toolbar, the attributes "name" and "id" will be removed, too.
- Added "color:#c00000" to the <img> style
If the image does not exist, the ALT string will be displayed with colour.
- In the list of images, the date-time property "mtime", if any,
will be displayed.
(Internal operation. Usually the import date-time will be displayed: property "c")
- Bugs fixed
* Bug when cutting/copying/pasting nodes
* Unable to delete passwords for sites
- Save tabs with external URL when closing the file, in order to resume
the tabs when reopend.
To enable this feature, go to the Tools menu -> Settings -> Preference dialog.
(External pages shown by bookmarks are resumed as before)
- Jump to a specific location within the node (Supporting Anchor #name). You can directly jump to a specific location within the node, scrolling the page so that the location will be seen. Put an anchor name after # when setting a link.
- Modified the menu shown on the icon "Recently opened files"
in the main toolbar.
Submenu "Favourite files" has been added to the top of the menu.
- Zoom menu modified.
Select a zooming % predefined in the Zoom menu (View menu->Zoom). You can define the zooming percentages in the settings.ini file.
- New menu "Paste text only" in the Edit menu.
Alternatively, you may press the Ctrl+Shift+V keys.
(Convenient for using in an intrinsic outliner. When you click the right mouse-button at the end of a line, the whole line is selected, causing it's difficult to append something)
- Modified "Remove Format" (on the "Paragraphs..." icon in the Edit toolbar).
The attributes of 'class' and 'style' will be removed from all the HTML tags except <br> <span> <b> <i> <u>.
- Added "IFrame.html" in the template folder.
- The registree will be shown for several seconds on the Tip bar
(beneath the Contents pane).
(If not licensed, "Unlicensed" will be shown)
- Added the Smart Paste icon on the Bookmark dialog.
- The Image dialog has a button "Show more..." / "Show less" for detailed settings.
- Bugs fixed:
- [serious] With a 64bit-CPU
When Foliaro is run in the 64bit-CPU environment, it would not finish completely even if all the Foliaro windows are closed; so Foliaro cannot start again unless you finish it using the Task Manager.
- [serious] Crash on saving scroll positions (in case a node is deleted)
- [serious] Crash when exporting to a text file or during search through the whole document.
- Spaces were removed in the String textbox on the Link dialog.
- [serious] With a 64bit-CPU
- Layouting icons on toolbars
You can customize the icons on the toolbars by editing the settings.ini file.
- Some icons changed.
- In the Windows menu, a newly opened window is placed below the old ones.
- Layouting icons on toolbars
- Improved 'Export to a plain text file'
Improved the output in plain text for the following HTML tags:
* List ( <ol> <ul> <li> )
* Table ( <table> <tr> <td> )
* Horizontal ruler ( <hr> )
■ As for tables, each row is output in a line, and Tab characters will be put between columns.
■ A horizontal ruler is output as --------- .
The output text of intrinsic outliner is not pretty yet. This will be improved later.
- Link Dialog improved
You might often enter link info with copy & paste. To make it easy, a Paste button and a Clear button have been added.
* You can enter the URL and string(text) with one click, if you've copied a portion of an HTML page.
* If you copy a link on an HTML page and then show the Link Dialog, the URL and the string (text) are entered automatically.
- While searching the contents pane,
a tip will show up when the search string was not found.
- Some styles -- .bg_blue, .bg_red, .bg_green -- are added to the Master styles.
- On the Browser tab (Menu Tools→Settings),
The Lifetime Days box is enabled only when Specify Lifetime is selected.
- Style Preview
Select a tab: "Properties" to edit or "Preview" to view the appearance.
You can preview the style settings while editing properties.
When selecting a style, the "Preview" tab is selected by default.
- Foliaro switches to the last selected tab, when opening a file, which was closed with multiple tabs.
- Improved domain names in the password list for sites.
(Ex.) www.domain.jp → the domain name "domain.jp" is shown.
- Bug fix: crash when the URL is http://localhost:port .
Fixed the problem: Crash when accessing the local HTTP server which is running on the local PC.
- Other small internal improvements.
- Now it's possible to paste images from the clipboard
The pasted image is imported to the Foliaro file. The default image type is BMP(bitmap). You can change the default type to BMP or JPG by the option "Default image type when pasted" (Tools->Settings->Preferences).
- When pasting an image from a browser:
You can directly import the image when you select "Copy image" on your browser. Set the option "Pasting image from browser" to "import" (Tools->Settings->Preferences).
- You can copy an image to the clipboard.
Press the right mouse-button on an image, and select "Copy image" from the context menu.
- "Paste with Source URL"
Formerly the pasted HTML source was enclosed by <div>...</div>. Now the <div> tag is removed, meaning, only the HTML source is pasted.
- The Image Dialog
When you select an image from the File Dialog or the Imported Images Dialog, the file name is put in the ALT Text box.
- Importing images has been improved (internally).
- List of passwords for sites
Domain names are listed on the left side in the alphabetical order.
- Improved removing formats(style and class attributes) from paragraphs, blocks, headings, etc.
- Added the Search Range option on the Search dialog.
Selectable from: (1)Current article, (2)Entire document, (3)Group, (4)Current node and its descendants.
- Added the option Case Sensitive on the Replace dialog.
- Deleting strings by the Replace dialog
When the "Replace with" is empty, the strings of "Search for" are deleted.
- Added the "Paste plain text" button on the HTML Edit dialog.
Available with the existing "Paste HTML source" button.
Fixed the bug (character encoding) when pasting plain text.
- An empty line (<br>) is inserted when a new table is created.
In the earlier versions, when a table is inserted at the end of the article, no text can be entered below the table.
- Added "Always show Tip bar" in the View menu (This option has been moved from the Settings dialog.)
- "Remove Format" in the "Paragraphs, Headings..." menu has been improved.
Now the format (the class and style attributes) in the child elements are also removed. When a fragment of HTML is pasted from a browser, unneeded classes and long style definitions are added, making the size larger. This command in the "Paragraphs, Headings..." removes long styles to make the size smaller.
There is a similar icon "Remove Format"; this cannot remove the style attributes in the paragraph/headings (<div> <p> etc.) themselves.
- Added the ALT Text property on the Image dialog.
This text will be shown for an incorrect URL.
Selecting an alignment of the image has been changed to using combo-box instead of radio buttons.
- Saving scroll positions
The scroll position of each node, that you've viewed so far, are saved when the file is closed. (the option "Save window states on close" must be checked ON). When you open the file again, the previous scroll positions will be restored.
- Added the "Paste HTML source" button in the HTML edit dialog
For advanced edit, you can paste HTML source, which has been copied with a browser. The ordinary Ctrl+V operation pastes only the plain text.
- Adjusting the window's position
When the position of the window that is about to open is outside the display screen, the window will be moved to the upper left corner, so that you can actually view it. Chances are that the window's position gets outside the display screen, when you open a file that was created with another PC, and the current PC's display is smaller than that PC's.
- Recognizable async mode The color of the Navigator toolbar will be changed when in the async mode, to distinguish the mode apparently.
- Colors of toolbar and tabs
You can change the colors of the toolbars and tabs, although, currently no settings-dialog is provided. You have to edit the settings.ini file directly yourself. The settings-dialog will be provided in a later version if there are requests.
- Easier key operation
Focus will be set on the Article pane, when you open a file, select a tab, etc. so that the key operation gets easier.
- Added an attribute "line-height:1.3em" for #editText in the customstyle.css file (the same as #text) Applied to the nodes in Plain Text format.
- Show the DDE error message. An error at launch. Normally not shown.
- Other small changes.
- New internal data format of Intrinsic Outliner
The saved data size becomes smaller (about minus 30 bytes per topic). When a node of Intrinsic Outliner is displayed, the data is automatically converted to the new format. You can view the node of new Outliner with an earlier version of Foliaro, but some operations are impossible.
- Reduced memory consumption
Improved event procedures for Intrinsic Outliner and links.
- Passwords for sites
Resolved the problem unable to set the username/password in some sites.
- Option : Always show the Tip pane below the Article
In some sites, when the mouse pointer hovers over a link, the page scrolls back to the top. This is caused by the size change of the Article pane when the tip appears.If this option is checked, the Tip pane stays on, making the Article size unchanged.
- Option : Quick reaction after 5-minute idle time
When you press a key (F1, F5, etc) or select another node after no interaction with Foliaro for 5 minutes or more, Foliaro will respond with delay of 2..3 seconds. This option enables quicker response in such a situation. See Preferences for more details.
- Maximum number of Search engines = 50 (10 for earlier versions)
- Style : added "padding-top:2px" to the ._node_ class
This inserts a space between topics in the Intrinsic Outliner. You can adjust the space by changing the value (2px). This attribute does not exist in the existing files created by earlier versions; you have to add the attribute yourself.
- SQLite 3.7.11 (2012-03-20) latest database engine
- Fixed bugs related to Relative paths
-- Conversion error between the relative and absolute path when a relative path contains ::Parameters ::WorkingFolder
-- Pasted relative paths: when a relative path is pasted to another file, it is converted to a path relative to that file. If the target file is new, the path is converted to absolute.
- Dealing with URLs when drag-and-dropped
* Fixed bugs: "../../../" (or "../../") was prepended to the URL of a link / image.
* Support path names in Unicode.
* When dropped onto another Foliaro file:
-- Internal images are imported into the destination file.
-- Links to the internal nodes become invalid.
-- Relative paths to the images are converted to paths relative to the destination file.
-- NOTE: Relative paths in the link URLs are left unchanged!
- Fixed bug in the Intrinsic Outliner:
When you move a topic to the right, it becomes a child of the above topic, which, however, is not expanded from the collapsed state.
- Other small improvements
- File Path relative to the current file
Use relative paths for links, images, and bookmarks by checking "Make the path relative" on each dialog. The path becomes relative to the current Foliaro file. Useful, for instance, when you store images in sub-folders. When exporting, you can choose relative or absolute -- leaving the paths relative or converting them into absolute paths.
- Edit bookmarked text files
You can edit text files that is bookmarked in the Navigator. Click on the "Editable" checkbox to edit on the Bookmark dialog.
- Improved view of linked text file
Text files are transformed into HTML format to be displayed; that is, long lines are wrapped at the right end of the article pane.
- Improved behavior of moving topics in the Intrinsic outliner
When moving a topic with Ctrl+Up/Down keys, it will be moved one by one topic upward/downward. For instance, when you move down a topic toward an expanded topic, it becomes the first child of the expanded topic below. On the contrary, when you move up a topic toward an expanded topic, it becomes the last child of the expanded topic. When the first or last child of a topic is moved up/down, it becomes a sibling of the (old) parent. But if you move a topic toward a collapsed topic, it is moved below/above the collapsed topic (does not become a child).
- Improved behavior of moving nodes in the Navigator
(The same as in the Intrinsic outliner)
- Search Engine
You can add up to 10 search engines, which are shown in the Search menu. (Actually, they can be any sites)
- Searching for the selected text on the web
In addition to the default search engine, you can set up more search engines. Useful for searching web dictionaries. The search menu will be shown when you press the right mouse-button while selecting a word in the article. Set up by clicking Menu Tools→Settings→"Search Engine settings for selected text"
- Dialog (Menu Tools→Settings)
"Favorite files" and "Search Engine settings" are now on separate dialogs. Click the links on the Preference panel.
- XulRunner 126.96.36.199 (as of 2012-03-06. equivalent to Firefox 3.6.28)
- A style .dim is added to customstyle.css
- The icon (HTML/Object/Template) changed
- Other small improvements
- Bug fixes
- When you created a new group and you selected it, the URL combo-box showed like "/doc/1/2/3" instead of its caption.
- Markers in Intrinsic outliners were not shown in the exported HTML.
- An error occurred when exporting to a text file, if the default character set is selected.
- Improved the creation and license check of Portable Foliaro.
- Remember passwords for sites
For easy login
- Menus changed
Moved "Layout groups horizontally" and "Reset layout" to Windows menu.
- Search the web for the selected text
When the right mouse button is clicked while a text is selected, you can "Search web for the selected text"
- Creating Portable Foliao
You can install Foliaro on a USB stick.
- The data folders have been changed including working folder of the browser
Folders for the files containing cookies etc. are changed. If you update Foliaro, old cookies are not carried to the new folder.
- Zooming text
Added "Zoom" to the View menu.
- On the calendar dialog, "Add time" is not checked (OFF) by default.
- XULRunner v3.6.26 (2012-01-28)
- German Menus and Messages
- When a file was opened from the Recently Opened Files, and it was not found, the file will be removed from the list.
- Added a style ".underline_red" to the customstyle.css file.
- Retaining the selection state of bookmark nodes has been improved.
- Changed internal license setting.
- Bug fix: behavior when offline
Browser's Preference : network.manage-offline-status = false
- Other small changes, improvements.
- Intrinsic Outliner
This is the improved feature of Focus in the earlier version.
You can hoist (focus on) a topic of any level [ctrl+O]. You can further hoist a child topic [ctrl+O], or get back to the parent topic [ctrl+alt+O]. To cancel the Hoist, press the [ctrl+shift+O] keys. (Hoist is not availale after the expiration of the trial period)
You can click on each item in the Help to carry out the operation. A Help button is displayed at the top right corner in the Article pane. When the mouse hovers over the button, the Help is shown or hidden. To hide the Help button, press the ctrl+H keys.
- When the Ctrl+Shift+O keys are pressed on the top text, the line is split there, and a new topic is created. On the other hand, when the Ctrl+J keys are pressed, the first topic is joined with the top text.
This feature is useful when you create topics from the existing article.
- The Ctrl+T is not available any longer; instead, use the Ctrl+Q.
- The inner data structure improved
Data size has got smaller.
- Retaining the scroll position
When you get back to the old page (node), it scrolls to the position you previously viewed.
Note, scroll positions of external pages are not retained. When the file is closed, all the scroll positions are reset to the top.
- Editing HTML:
Select a portion in the Article pane, and click on the Insert HTML icon, then you can edit the HTML source of the selection (useful for creating templates)
- Added the Windows menu
You can select a window out of the currently open windows.
- Added the Cancel button on the Save Changes dialog when closing the file.
- Tidier border style in the Article pane when in the Edit mode.
- Menu name changed: Tools⇒"Options" to "Settings"
- Separate Style file for exported HTML documents.
- Flexible cell width of a table: defining with the min-width property.
Better to change the properties of the existing files as follows:
On the Styles dialog from the Tools menu
td ⇒ min-width:10px (add the property)
.calcellN ⇒ min-width:200px (change the property width to min-width)
- Bug fixes:
- Couldn't create a new topic when an existing node is set to the Intrinsic Outliner.
- Discard the document if no file name is entered when closing a new document (in case the option "Save without prompt" is checked).
- The document's style was not applied when previewing the HTML on the Insert Object/Template/HTML dialog.
- In the preview above, images (imported) were not displayed.
- Crashed when trying to show the link to non-existing node in a read-only window.
- Auto-save Articles
- Key bindings changed in the Navigator pane:
Enter : Cancel the Async mode, and show the selected node
( Note: earlier versions create a new node)
( [F5] key cancels the Async mode, too.)
Ctrl+N : New node below
Ctrl+Shift+N : New child node
Ctrl+M : New node above
(the same as in the Intrinsic Outliner)
- Inserting Date/Time
- By pressing Ctrl+D or selecting from the context menu, you can select a date from the calendar. (in the Edit mode)
- XULRunner 188.8.131.52 (2011-11-03)
- Bugs fixed:
- Crash when a new document created while another file is open.
- Odd behaviors with the Intrinsic Outliner:
* when moving a body with Left/Right arrow keys.
* a new node is put in a wrong position when created on a body topic.
* all the topics are expanded when a topic is moved by Ctrl+Right arrow key.
- Bug when Ctrl+S keys are pressed in the Ariticle pane.
- Async Navigation. (for easier navigation among nodes)
- Horizontal layout in the group pane
- Save NBSP chars (0xc2a0 UTF-8); previous versions changed them to
- Tip of the day
- Move nodes with Ctrl+arrow keys in the Navigator pane
(Ctrl+Left is a bit different from Shift+Left in its behavior)
- Intrinsic outliner improved
1. Joining/splitting topics
2. Creating a new parent topic
3. Focusing on the first level topic
4. No body<div> when creating a new topic
- Show the tip (link, recent file, favorite file) below the Article pane
- Added the "Attach style" in the Paragraph menu
- Maximum 50 nodes during the trial period
- Less frequent nagging messages during evaluation
- Stronger check for the Trial license
- Changed the file names of template files
- Use XULRunner 184.108.40.206 (equivalent to Firefox 3.6.23)
- Additional key bindings :
F1 : Toggle the View/Edit mode
F5 : Toggle the focus on Navigator/Article.
Ctrl+S: Save (a message at the bottom is shown)
Ctrl+B, Ctrl+I, Ctrl+U: Bold, Italic, Underline
Alt+←, Alt+→ : Go back, Go forward
- Intrinsic outliner
- XULRunner 220.127.116.11
- Use tabs in the Options dialog.
- Check for Update: displays HTML.
- Enalbed to open a group in a new tab.
- Fixed bug: dirty display of link URL.
- Fixed bug: Select Node X in Group A→Move the Node X to another group /or delete the Node X→The Root Group is always shown /or the app crashes.
- Bug fixed: Did Not Save even though the option "Save without prompt" is checked.
- Reading / saving template files. Templates (HTML snippets) can be read from the Insert Object/Template/HTML in the Edit Toolbar.
- Added "Check for update" in the Help menu, enabling to check for the latest program; other announcements, such as the scheduled date, are shown as well.
- Only the file names (without folder) are displayed in the menus of Favorite / Recently Opened Files. (The full path is displayed at the bottom of the Article pane.)
- Shows the URL at the bottom of the Article pane when the mouse pointer hovers over a link.
- Incorporated RegNow's Affiliate Tracking Code.
- Add "Buy Now" in Tools Menu
- Changed maximum number of nodes to 60 during the trial period.
- Displays the Trial dialog more frequently when using the unregistered version for more than 10 days.
- Terminology: changed "Custom Style" to "Style"
- Moved the Style dialog from Options to Menu->Tools
- Now the Root node can be pasted or dropped to another file.
- The URL to a local HTML file is now file:///... instead of /file/..., and can be shown in a browser.
- The bookmark to a local HTML file can be shown in a browser.
- The root icon can be specified by settings.ini when creating a new document. (iconRoot in the settings.ini)
- On exit, delete the temporary files in the Temp folder.
- Shows the URL contents same as of the current tab in the new window (when the icon clicked) (the old version showed the contents of the current node).
- When opening the link to a Foliaro file, the filename in the Recently Opened Files took the '/' characters for path separators instead of '\'; this was fixed to change to '\'
- When links to URL=/file/*** or images of URL=/file/*** were pasted to another file, their URLs became ../../../file/***; this was fixed.
- Specifies the data folder for the Key file, when registering the licence.
- Stricter check of the trial period.
- Other small changes.
- Editing captions: supports Drag-drop and Copy-paste.
- Added some icons in the Navigator's context menu.
- Removing formats (including Style Class) from the whole paragraph <P><div><Hx>
- Added a style for each diary node
Class names: .yYYYY , .yYYYYmM (Ex.) y2011, y2011m6, y2011m12
- Added the Edit button on the Custom Style Selection dialog.
- Added the context menu (Rename file, Export, Delete) on the Image List dialog.
- Do not move a node to its descendant
- Paste only plain text when HTML has been dropped on the node of Plain Text type.
- Bug fix: when the indentation becomes 0, the property style="" still remains.
- Bug fix: abort when Create diary⇒Pack file⇒Exit
- Bug fix: abort when duplicating images to another file.
- Bug fix: '+' character changes to a space in the link URL.
- Other small changes
- Imports dropped images from Explorer (default)
(Embed in v1.0.3)
- Improved Export to HTML files (creates complete HTML):
Includes Custom Styles; displays imported images; auto-modifies URLs in imported images and node-to-node links; converts plain text node to HTML; choosing with or without Navigator; showing the output file.
- When nodes are pasted(dropped) in a different file, copies the imported images referred to by the nodes. Auto-modifies URLs of imported images and node-to-node links.
- When copy-pasting a portion of the contents, and it contains imported images, the images are also copied. Invalidates node-to-node links
- Replaced Clickable String buttons with icon buttons (File, Folder, Node, Image)
- Creates the root and its child node on New File.
- Added an icon to show the recently opened files.
- On the Image List dialog, the list is sorted by clicking on the column-label.
- Save the Toolbar, Tabs states (show/hide) to settings.ini and to each file
- Added: Remove <p><div><pre><hN>
- Added: Remove Custom Style set to the whole paragraph
- Added: Show URL address in the context menu
- Added: Spelling check option
- In Browser options, use a combo-box to select the character-set detector
- Show a colour table when changing caption colours in the Navigator
- New feature: embedded images (drag-drop images from the Explorer)
- Bug fix: the message "Save changes?" is shown, when you've edited nothing, but only changing nodes with multiple tabs.
- Bug fix: no 'var' in the Ajax function in foliaro.js
- [First edition on vector.co.jp]
- Bug fix: changing HTML⇔Plain Text resets the history in URL combobox
- PDF files on the web are to be downloaded, instead of showing them in Foliaro
[Published on www.foliaro.com ]